Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

2015: My FOCUS Year

It's that time of year to reflect and move on to the future - to make (or not) resolutions, list things you want to accomplish or change for the upcoming year. As I mentioned in a previous post, I pick one word to focus on for the year instead of making a list of new resolutions. I like to keep things simple. This has been working for me the past few years.

 This year, my word is FOCUS. I want to FOCUS on the moment instead thinking about other things I think I should be doing.   I love Ecclesiastes 3:1 -
This year I have signed up for my biggest challenge yet. Being FOCUSed is what will help me accomplish my goal and still have time for everything else. When it is time to FOCUS on training, then it is training time - not thinking about other things that need to get done or didn't get done. When it is time to FOCUS on family and friends then training is in the back burner whether it is done for the day or coming later.

My 'A' race and biggest challenge for 2015 is Ironman Louisville! I'm going to test the quote, "If your goal doesn't scare you, it isn't big enough." Needless to say, taking on my first ironman does scare me, but my heart says give it a try. I don't wait to live life without trying something because I was too scared. 


I have decided to team up with Team Ironman Foundation to help raise funds for our local community as well - as if participating in the ironman wasn't enough, right?! You can read more about it from my fundraising page. I would love to have you along with me on my journey. You can donate (which is tax deductible) on my fundraising page, babysit, run, bike, or swim with me, and even come cheer me on during the race.  If you have any words of advice, encouragement feel free to send those out over the next 10 months as well. I have made a spreadsheet where you can buy some miles for my race. After making your donation, just shoot me an e-mail or comment about which miles you bought to support me on race day.



Since making this decision, my FOCUS on the blog will mainly be about updates on my training, fundraising and races for 2015. Training is going to eat up alot of my time so I will be decreasing blogging and online activities.Training will not officially start until later in spring of 2015, so now I am just having fun building  strength and working on techniques in the disciplines.

As previously mentioned, I would love to have you join my team - The 'D' Team. I have a few already: my family (my husband is on board and realizes he is going to be an Iron Widow during peak training), my Iron sherpa (my super enthusiastic sister-in-law who I am going to need cheering really loud for me on race day and talk endlessly with about training and racing) , and my mentor (a few times ironman himself) with  me.  I know I haven't fully grasped what lies ahead, but I am excited, nervous. It is going to be one great adventure!

Save the date - Oct. 11, 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment