Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Run, Kat, Run: Turkey Run at Iroquois Park

5 miles, to the top of Iroquois Park and back down—no worries!  Ran this same course 50 times.  Woke up ready to do it.  My goal was under 50 minutes and with all the hills involved that would be what I consider “really good”.  
It had snowed the night before and it was COLD but beautiful!  The race was packed, about 900 people I think.  The gun blew and we were off!  Made it to the top in pretty good time, at least in good enough time to be under my goal.  The awesome thing about the top was the view of what seems like the whole city from the overlook covered in a fresh blanket of snow.  Once we started downhill, it was all good!  I finished in 49:12 which was under my goal!  I was happy.  
After the race they had tons of awards and prizes. They also had a ton of food for the runners and walkers.  
Great race, I’ll be doing this every year! (2014 IHR Thanksgiving Day run/walk)


4 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that run existed. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had signed up to run this, but I chickened out because of the cold! I regretted it later. I still got my 5 in on the treadmill though. That spot at the top of the hill is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest part is getting out in the cold for me - snow makes it easier though. 5 miles on the treadmill is tough! Great job!

      Delete