Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Favorites: Favorite Local Shops for Runners and Triathletes

Living about 30 minutes from stores, I do not do much shopping - especially with three kids in tow. However, when I need new running shoes or gear for triathlons, I find it worth it to pack the family up and head into town to the local running and multi-sport stores. Bonus - all these stores support the community in leading group trainings or classes for all fitness levels.

Here are three of my favorite stores:
1. Ken Combs Running Store - Located off of Shelbyville Road in St. Matthews,  I can take all 3 kids and be out of the store in about 15 minutes with a new pair of running shoes. I love that they recommend shoes based on your feet, so I can try them on and pick the best fit. My last visit I told them I was starting to have arch soreness. They gave me suggestions with icing and stretching which has helped. They have more than shoes of course if you are looking for some good running socks or other running clothes. They also offer track nights for group speed work. They also have race calendar on their website.

2. VO2 Multisport - Also in St. Matthews, this place covers areas in training and coaching as well as retail. They had a great sale in January this year where I was able to pick up my first cycling shoes and a few pieces of running and biking clothes. Check out their calendar for the bike rides, yoga, and other classes such as bike maintenance 101. They are there to help you whether you are a novice or a veteran!

3. Fleet Feet Sports - Located on Taylorsville Rd, this running store has lots to offer the community as well. They will also recommend running shoes based on your feet and lots of other gear to look through. They have group runs, training groups to help you achieve your running goals, yoga for runners, and a variety of classes such as Self Defense while Running coming up on Sept. 9.

Be sure to follow these stores on Facebook to keep up with deals and events such as the sale that Fleet Feet is having this weekend!

What are you favorite places to get your gear to keep you running and biking?



6 comments:

  1. Come across the river - Pacers & Racers are great people too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about them too! If I'm over there I should stop by to check them out! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I love Cyclesmiths on Shelbyville Rd. next to Mellow Mushroom! Best bike shop in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I haven't had a chance to experience many bike shops locally. My husband likes to tinker on bikes, but I will keep that in mind when we need more expertise!

      Delete
  3. I feel you on the living far away from places to shop. (On the plus side, we get to save a whole lot of money? :P )

    We had a Fleet Feet near my undergrad, and they fitted me with these really awesome shoes that felt like I was walking on clouds. :D I still love em' now, haha. The Self Defense while Running class looks like it'd be pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete