Pages

Monday, December 12, 2016

A year to catch up.....

I am back with a keyboard that doesn't have a working 'c' button, so I plugged in an old keyboard from a desktop. I forgot how noisy they are!

I have changed the focus a little bit of the blog. Using this as a place to summarize races and other adventures with family and friends. I am constantly seeking race reports from normal, crazy people like myself to see if I want to do those races, so I thought I would start writing up my races again and other things. Who knows, really?

The D team refers to my family's last name and our racing name. I used to watch the A-Team and it just makes me laugh when I think a 'real' D team being out there. Anyone and everyone can join in our adventures and races. We do it for the fun, motivation to stay active with a few memories thrown in there, and of course the challenge.

So here is a short update and what is to come.
  • Since finishing my ironman in 2015, I have yet to do another one. I am no longer at the phase of never doing another one, but more at the phase of when my 3 kids (ages 8,6,4) are out of school. I have other challenges I want to conquer in the meantime. Hoping to get back into aerials, run an ultra, and become a better 'orienteerer'. I think it would be fun to do a triathlon relay with my oldest too.
  • I have several races to write reviews on: trail race with my oldest, my first trail marathon, trail Ragnar, my longest adventure race, a 100K relay, running with the Amish with one of my best friends. 
  • I am still dedicating my runs to my I RUN 4 buddy, Kaiya who lives in Arizona. Hoping one day to actually meet and run a race with her. 
  • I will also be posting about my race win over cancer this year and my experience as I start the Livestrong program at YMCA. 
  • I have goals to eventually become a personal trainer with running and nutrition specializations. (A bit different from my previous life as a pharmaceutical chemist and current job as a SAHM.) I was able to coach my oldest and his elementary team this fall. I learned I really love seeing kids fall in love with running, achieving their goal times, and becoming a stronger runner.  I also help lead the local MRTT chapter for a year. I loved that just as much. Running and walking along side these wonderful women working on their goal races and facing their own challenges was great. 
So that is where I am at as 2016 comes to a close. We will see where 2017 takes me. Drop me a line and let me know what adventures in life you have had and hope to have in 2017! Or have a racing challenge that you did that you loved. Life is always more fun when it is connected with people who share your interests and passions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment