Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pregnancy and Fitness in Louisville

Body aches, heartburn, can't tie your shoe or see your feet for that matter, sciatic nerve pain....Oh the joys of pregnancy.... However, you get to meet a new someone in 9 months or less which is way worth all of that nonsense!
I have been there, done that - 3 times! For each pregnancy, I did different fitness things. For Scout's - which was my first - I was able to run for most of it. For the next one, Rooster's, I took pre-natal yoga classes at Baptist East Milestone which was fantastic, but it appears the class is not offered currently. For my final pregnancy with Miss Pixie, I walked, chased my boys, and did some pre-natal videos. My last pregnancy, I had morning sickness well into the the second trimester so needless to say, my fitness was less than mediocre. I definitely felt the best with pregnancy #2 and feel mostly due to the yoga. Having the scheduled class helped me stay on track.  I tried a little bit of everything during my pregnancies and encourage you to do the same to see what you enjoy. Louisville and the internet have lots of options to help you out!




If you are pregnant, here are some helpful links for you to get your FIT IN until you get to meet your sweet little baby!

  • Fit Pregnancy - magazine and helpful website with wide variety of info on staying fit while pregnant and some postpartum exercises as well
  • 10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates -  One of my favorite prenatal fitness videos. It was easy to navigate if I only had 10minutes or do more if time allowed. The reviews on Amazon for it pretty much sum it up.
  • Baptist Health has a great article on pregnancy and exercise that is worth the read including tips while exercising and fitness activities to avoid while pregnant. 
  • Walking and swimming
  • Be sure to always be OK'd by the doctor before starting up a fitness routine

Local Classes:
Be sure to confirm the classes on the websites.
 
Do you know of more places? Let me know at fitinlou@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment