Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Five - Favorite Places to Run in Louisville



MY TOP 5 Favorite Places to Run in Louisville!

  1. Creasy Mahan Nature Preserve - Trail running close to home - There are wide paths, narrow paths, hills, flat areas, and some wildlife to get a break from the hustle and bustle. 
    Wintertime at Creasy Mahan Nature Preserve
  2. Parklands of Floyds Fork - Easily one of my favorite places to run because it has a little bit of everything:  paved paths or dirt trails, a few hills, runs along Floyd Fork, and an easy place to run short or long distances or get a brick workout. It is beautiful there!
  3. Waterfront Park - This is a great place to run along the Ohio River downtown and almost always see several others running. You can cross the bridge and run the Indiana side as well.
  4. Cherokee Park - The 2.4mile scenic loop is a nice training loop. It is a paved lane for walkers and runners. There are also lots of trails to go running as well.  There are always people getting their fit in along the scenic loop if you are looking for a place with others.
  5. Seneca Park - This park also has a paved loop - 1.2miles. There is a nice route that is well traveled with other runners going from this park to Cherokee for a longer run.
Honorable Mention - There are still lots of places locally to run! I have to also mention Jefferson Memorial Forest and Iroquois Park. I have only run them in races since they are on 'the other side of town' from where I live, but if I lived closer I would definitely be running there more often as well. Jefferson Memorial Forest has some pretty rugged and challenging trails. Iroquois Park has some hills as well to challenge your runs!

Where are your favorite places to run?

3 comments:

  1. I live a mile from Iroquois so it's my bread and butter for sure. It's closed now but for speed work or a short run I like the Crescent Hill reservoir at sunrise. Really pretty and quiet and I always love to see water. It's also easy to tack on a quick run there after a swim at Mary T. Chickasaw Park is also really pretty. I ran it as part of a marathon last year but it's quite a ways out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out Chickasaw Park sometime. Thanks for the tips!

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of a runner, but I've been planning on possibly meeting up with my friend in Louisville since it's right in between where we both live. These would be awesome places to check out! :D

    ReplyDelete