Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Team in Training - Kentucky and Southern Indiana Chapter






TNT 728x90 Web Banner 

Looking for a group to support and get your FIT IN? Team in Training is a great group. They are starting to host information meetings in the near future to start training in January. TNT provides you with coaches and mentors to complete a half or full marathon, a  hike, century bicycle ride, or a triathlon. They also give support in your efforts to raise money for blood cancers.

The Southern Indiana and Kentucky chapter is training for hiking the Gorge on April 13, the Derby Festival half and full marathon on April 19, and Nike Women's Marathon on April 27 in 2014. There are plenty of TNT flex events to check out as well. 

One of the cool things about TNT is the Honorees.
From their website, 
"Team Honorees and their families serve as motivational symbols of strength, keeping participants inspired as they test the limits of their endurance and raise funds on behalf of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Often, people raise funds for a charity with little knowledge or understanding of how valuable their efforts are. Meeting honorees and hearing their personal stories connects participants to our mission and demonstrates the value of their fundraising efforts."

I was able be a part of the Central Indiana chapter a while back. I joined them because of a friend's husband that had been affected by leukemia, another friend and my godmother affected by cancer. I enjoyed my experience and it definitely helped finish my marathon in Honolulu thinking about them and the honoree.  It was alot of hard work to raise the funds and train, but it does not even compare to those fighting cancer.  Unfortunately, I have did not have a very good nutritional plan for the race and suffered the consequences as a result. Wearing my TNT jersey at the race, everyone was cheering you on which was what I needed halfway through the race. I felt like I was part of a team before, during, and after the race. Everyone was so positive and encouraging. 

I highly recommend checking out TNT if you have been impacted by cancer in some way and want you achieve one of your fitness goals. Definitely a great way to get your FIT IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment