Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

80's Themed Insanity at FitMe Studio

Once a month on a Friday night, FitMe Studio (Westport Rd. and Bayberry Place) offers a discounted fitness class ($3-$5). That is a fantastic deal! This month it was an 80s themed Insanity class that lasted just over 60 minutes.

I have tried their Insanity class earlier this year and had a great workout so I was looking forward to my second class. This time I brought re-enforcements with some friends. Since it was an 80's themed, several people dressed in 80's attire with leg work warmers, fringe, and headbands. I was quite jealous of not having a headband soaking up my sweat. 80's music was also played while Heath, the instructor, led the intense workout ending in a plank and push-up session that lasted longer than halftime at a football game, I think.  It was pretty similar to the previous class I reviewed - Insanity class, but that does not mean the second time around was any easier. It was still a great total body workout, using lots of muscle groups I did not work out while training for my triathlon.

If you have not checked out FitMe Studio yet, I highly recommend it. Great classes - for all fitness levels - with great instructors and friendly people at an affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment