Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

B.Silque Lifted at B.You Review

January is a great month to try new things, especially if you are trying to find a new fitness regime.  To help you with this task, and to continue my quest to explore all that the Louisville area has to offer for fitness classes for you, I ventured into my first B.Silque Lifted class at B.You, Springhurst location. 

First, I signed up through their website for the class. This process was easy, straightforward, and guarantees you a spot. They recommend showing up at least 15 minutes prior to class. I second that - especially for the silques class. Since it was my first time, I had to fill out a little paperwork and then I headed to the silques room.  The silques height needed to be adjusted to be between your belly button and hip which took a little bit of time, but plenty of instructors were in the room helping. It was also recommended to be hydrated on their website prior to class. A great tip to stay hydrated before, during, and after. I found out socks are required for the class when I showed up. Fortunately I had socks, unfortunately they were not non-slip socks. It was not a big issue, but would recommend the non-slip socks if you have them. Also, there is a no jewelry rule during the class - including rings. No big deal, the instructor just had us lay our rings on the front of our mat.

My class was full! All 21 silques had someone excited about taking the class. The music started and so our warm-up began. After the warm-up, we moved into legs, arms, and core exercises. It was a full body work-out using the silques. The instructor, Rashna, was very encouraging about just giving your all during the workout. Each time you come back, you will see improvement from last class, she suggested. During the class, there were a few extra helpers floating around to help make sure everyone was doing the exercises right. Emmi did a great job helping me, especially since I did not have a great view of the instructor. These instructors were also very encouraging throughout such an unique workout. Finally the cool-down came -  the lights went off with some stretches ending in a very cozy cocoon position. They even handed out cool, lavender scented washcloths while we cleaned our mats.

Overall, this class gave me a great full body work-out. The instructor gave modifications to either make the exercise harder or easier. The hour was over before I knew it which always is a sign of a good fitness class.

For the month of January, B.You is offering your first class for FREE! A perfect time to try their classes: b.silque and b. barre. They have a few other specials going on too, which you can find on their facebook page.

Another great thing about B. You is they offer B.Silque B. Mommy and daughter class which would be some great mom-daughter fun. Or if you prefer a girls night out, they offer a B.girlfriend class to have your own private class with friends, co-workers, family etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment